The Floyd Center for the Arts’ mission is to facilitate and showcase artistic endeavors and creativity; to provide education in the arts throughout our rural community and region.
The Floyd Center for the Arts shall be a well-respected rural arts organization that it is:
-A collaborative partner within the community
-Recognized for its excellence
-Welcoming and inclusive and a valued asset in Floyd
The Floyd Center
for the Arts Embraces the
Nation of Makers Core
As a Nation of Makers, we believe we are stronger and more sustainable when…
• Everyone is welcome, including people of every age, ability, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, parental status, level of education, and socioeconomic class.
• Everyone within our movement, our community, and in our spaces is safe, supported, heard, encouraged, and respected.
• Everyone has access to the education and resources needed to make.
• Every maker respects the safety and wellbeing of the community.
• Our community chooses to engage in the ongoing process of making a more inclusive culture.
"The dedicated life is the life worth living. You must give with your whole heart." -Annie Dillard
Pottery Studio Manager
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).
If special accommodations are required please contact center personnel and allow at least two weeks to coordinate appropriate, reasonable accommodations. For classes other than those youth-specific, students must be at least 18 years of age unless accompanied by an adult and approved by the individual instructor and management. Contact The Floyd Center for the Arts for more information.
The center reserves the right to refuse service to individuals for reasons other than those named above.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Esta institución es un proveedor de igualdad de oportunidades.
Programming is supported in part by the Virginia Commission for the Arts and
the National Endowment for the Arts.