Are you friendly, kind and interested in serving as an administrative hub in a busy art center with a small but dedicated staff? Do you have experience managing multiple projects and the spreadsheets that go with them? Want to work in a creative environment supporting the arts in our community? If you’ve answered Yes! to the above questions, we want to hear from you! Read below for job description and instructions to apply.
The Floyd Center for the Arts is looking for a friendly, computer savvy Office Manager. This is a management position that reports to the Executive or Associate Director or other designated representative at Floyd Center for the Arts in Floyd VA. The position is open until filled.
Management of front office for a 25 year old non-profit, member-based arts organization including:
* Proper maintenance of database records of members, donors, volunteers, artists and student interest, etc.
* Ensure that policies and procedures are followed for activities related to or part of front office operations including but not limited to personnel, education, facilities and fiscal policies and procedures
* Maintain reference information (binders) for visitors and front office
* Oversight of mass mailings, individualized letters and email correspondence
* Oversight of maintaining proper filing and/or distribution of office records including but not limited to gallery and gift shop inventory, donor and member records, facilities rentals, student registrations, volunteer information, etc.
* Maintain office supply inventory and equipment
* Maintain front office computers and organizational documents on the computers including regular backups and routine computer maintenance tasks,
* Assist with promotional efforts
* Maintain current calendar of events and facility bookings
* Assist with board meeting correspondence, reminders and reports as needed
*Provide administrative support for education and programming department
* Trouble shoot basic IT issues related to Internet connectivity, email and office productivity software, printers and other office equipment
* Welcome and orient visitors to the Art Center
*Additional duties as needed
* Base schedule is approximately 30 hours a week, primarily M-F, with occasional night and weekend hours based on special events and projects.
Skills and Experience:
* Friendly and welcoming to all visitors to the Center
* Proficiency and adaptability regarding computers, office productivity software, standard office equipment and other common office-related technology.
* Experience with routine office tasks such as cash handling, mass mailings, customer service, filings and correspondence.
* Management experience
* Effective, current communication skills appropriate for both traditional and newer forms of correspondence.
* Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
Qualified applicants please email cover letter and resume to Becky@floydartcenter.org.