The Floyd Center for the Arts needs your help.
We are participating in GIVE LOCAL NRV, Wednesday, June 24th. I’d like to invite you to join me in supporting our Floyd art center by giving BIG. In truth, any gift you could make would be amazing, from $2,500 to $25. Your support will mean so much to me and to the people that the Art Center serves.
This year marks the Center’s 25th year of service in the Floyd community and beyond. Not only has the Art Center grown and developed, Floyd has as well. The strong statement made by a grassroots group of artists and creatives 25 years ago, when they chose to save an old dairy barn while supporting the arts, laid the groundwork for great things to happen in Floyd today.
The Floyd Center for the Arts is 25 years strong and ready for even greater success in the next 25. We made it to this point and will continue to grow and perform thanks to YOU and many other supporters like you.
Here is just a short list of what the Center achieves in our community thanks to you:
• Arts workshops at the Center offer lifelong learning opportunities
• Afternoon Art Classes for school age children
• Open Studio offers no/low cost access to studio space, networking and resources.
• Concerts offer attendees the chance to see world-class performers up close.
• Gallery Events that showcase and highlight regional artists
• The Center’s Gift Shop gives artisans an opportunity sell their work
• Area artists teach workshops and classes
• Access to specialty studio space and equipment for low cost
• Arts Incubator offers space and resources, available for artists and arts businesses
• Advocating and expanding resources on behalf of local artists and artistic endeavors.
Following the Governors’ State of Emergency order in March the Art Center closed the doors to our barn but we have not been inactive. The staff, board and volunteers have been, working within the Governor’s guidelines, to continue to fulfill our mission. Floyd residents and the Center are waiting anxiously to reopen the old barn safely.
Like so many, the Floyd Center for the Arts has had to make significant changes during this worrisome and difficult time. We had to cancel events like our Concert series, special exhibits and the House and Garden Tour, which is one of the Center’s biggest fund raiser event that helps fund their mission. But we need the arts - and while we are not currently planning Silver Anniversary festivities, the Floyd Center for the Arts’ board and staff, and energetic volunteers believe they have a proud legacy to celebrate.
Here’s is what you can do to support the Arts, on Wed. June 24th go to the GIVE LOCAL site and give BIG.
The reason it is so important to me that we receive your support, at any level, is:
A gift of any size shows your support for the arts, and the more donations we receive the greater the message we send about the importance of the arts to our lives in Southwest Virginia. In addition, if the Center has the greatest number of campaign participants we will receive any additional $1,000.
We need your help, especially now. Please join us in supporting the arts in Floyd by joining our
Give Big Campaign. It is quick and easy and secure.
Thank you for your continued support.